7.28.2008

Hollywood Wives In Review

Well, it was a bit of a struggle but I finally finished Hollywood Wives this weekend. I am kind of confused as to how I feel about this novel. I mean, it was definitely trashy, not romantic at all, confusing at times, and really lacked any characters that I liked or even cared about.

I was surprised by this novel as it began with a murder – which I wasn't expecting but was interesting. However, the whole murder story line was over the top and just didn't really fit into the scheme of things. The book had so many characters that it was a bit hard to follow and remember who they were, and how they were connected. It took me about 200 pages to REALLY get into this book and about 150 pages later I was over it. Considering the book was over 500 pages, I wouldn't say those are the best statistics. The ending of the book was absolutely ridonk and tied up all the loose ends in about 25 pages…far fetched and unbelievable.

What I enjoyed about the book were the references to hot spots in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles (although most are no longer hot spots as this book was written in 1984). I am hesitant to read another Jackie Collins novel as I wasn't such a fan of this one, but at the same time I feel I need to give it her one more chance before I write her off completely.

Next up….

The Wedding by Danielle Steel….I just couldn't pass it up!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

The Wedding is the only Danielle Steele/trashy book I've ever read. I was not a fan, let me know what you think....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin