3.21.2011

Song Of The Week: The Man Who Sold The World {Cover}



Growing up in Seattle during the whole "grunge" "garage band" time was pretty awesome.  I totally wore the baggy jeans, flannel shirts, and dirty hair look for a few months, until my mother promised me an entire new wardrobe if I wore something that actually fit and wasn't from my father closet. 

Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains could all be heard blaring from my yellow Sony Walkman or from my 5 Disc CD Changer in my room growing up and my favorite album for the longest time (and still high up on the list today) was Nirvana's MTV Unplugged in New York.  I listened to it with my boyfriend Trevor my freshman year and loved it when he would sing Lake Of Fire in this funny voice.

The album is still amazing and I had forgotten full of many covers, one of my faves is David Bowie's The Man Who Sold The World (1999 Digital Remaster).  Nirvana's The Man Who Sold The World was a change from their normal style and could almost be considered soothing.  I think the Nirvana MTV Unplugged in New York showed how truly talented the band was and made my parents maybe not think the music was such garbage. 

This album is truly fantastic and a wonderful piece to have in your collection.  RIP Kurt.

2 comments:

Amber's Notebook said...

okay i love that, totally brings me back
Amber's Notebook

Holly said...

what a cute lil tidbit about you! had no idea you grew up in seattle. lucky girl :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin