8.26.2011

Summer Essentials Series ~ Dwelling & Telling


Today's summer essentials come from the stylish and gorgeous Linley over at Dwelling & Telling.  Linley is always sporting the latest fashion trends and might I add she sports them fabulously.  Her style, recipes, and Fab Five Fridays are my favorite items on her blog, but just about everything she posts is fantastic!  Make sure to head over and check out her latest Fab Five, but only after you see her summer essentials below:

*What one item can you not be without this summer?*



This summer I have found that every day I am reaching for my bronzer! I am addicted to Benefit's Hoola Bronzer! It's the perfect shade for me, and honestly, I think it would be complementary for just about anyone! It's a perfect bronze and it has a matte finish - which is what I need as a professional. Don't get me wrong, I love shimmer, but not when I'm at work. Moving on, I've been clinging to bronzer this summer mostly because I have been MIA at the pool - aka, it's the middle of summer and I am tanless. Sweeping the bronzer on the areas that would naturally be "kissed" by the sun is my go-to look before leaving the house!

*What are you craving for summer 2011?*




Neon and neutral combos! I'm not the biggest trend follower - I'll sometimes wear a look or two that's trendy each season, but otherwise, I'm just wearing whatever I want. However, this summer I cannot get enough of pairing neon and neutral. I did a post on some of my favorite neon/neutral picks, a How-To nails tutorial, and I wore my own version of neon and neutrals. I'm loving it!

*What is your essential summer song for 2011?*


Mac Miller - Knock Knock

I'm a big fan of hip-hop music. Not cheap "hip-hop", but classic, talent-filled hip-hop. I really like Mac Miller - he exudes talent and creates fun music. He doesn't take himself too seriously and his music just makes me want to dance. Sure, the song has nothing to do with summer, but it's been on repeat (along with this song) in my car all summer long.

Thank you so much Linley for sharing your marvelous selections!  I have never listened to Mac Miller but I am REALLY enjoying this Knock Knock tune!  Also the nail tutorial was such a great feature and I love your neon/neutral ideas!  Be sure to head over to Dwelling & Telling for a daily dose of goodness!

Next week I will have more summer essential goodness from awesome bloggers!  Ya'll come back now ya hear?

2 comments:

Linley said...

thanks for letting me share! and glad you are liking Mac Miller! (: good stuff!

Krissy :: Miss B and Hustle said...

Good song!! I like it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin