8.20.2008

Very Bad Lashes

I have a confession to make. I am a bit obsessed with mascara, and it was just brought to my attention again by my BFF Mrs Reynolds. "Do you ever buy the same mascara in a row?" she asked, to which I really had to think back and remember if there has ever been a time. The answer is a little tricky as new products come out so often, I need to make sure I have the best product for my needs.

Well my friends I have been tricked again. I do love me some Lash Envy by Prescriptives, but was tempted by the the fruit of another at Sephora.


I picked up this rotten apple of a mascara Lash Plumper, which promised me longer, thicker lashes for only $16. Like the snake in the Garden of Eden, I was bitten by this mascara that dripped down my cheeks and off of my lashes the minute I stuck my contact in my eye.

I immediately grabbed the offender and returned it to the local Sephora. Serves me right for cheating on Lash Envy...


However, upon leaving the store I did set my eyes on this incredible Lash Stash Set, filled with trial sizes of all different types of mascara.

Dare I be tempted again????

12 comments:

Shelby said...

Ha! You crack me up you silly girl! Um so yeah...I'm currently using the green and pink mascara (I think it's Maybelline? sad that I don't even know) because I ran out of the one that was in my (gasp!) no name drugstore make up kit (it was a secret Santa gift) and I think before that it was a Clinique sample. I'm a sad, sad female.

cassandra said...

omg. i need that kit!!! i use maybelline too :) hee hee. i may need your makeup expertise before heading to montana to play bridesmaid again. perhaps a sephora visit and HH will be in order?

Jenna said...

I have the Last Stash and I LOVE it. I think there is one that ran underneath my eyes, but it is the perfect way to test out multiple types of mascaras and figure out what you like best. The bionic one is particularly noteworty. I think it is going to be my wedding day choice.

Kelly said...

If you are a mascara junkie, I know you have tried Diorshow. It is the best mascara ever.

Marge said...

LOL - I love me the Stila! $8 and it works sooo well! Its just enoughso that it runs out just when it starts to expire ;)

Lindsey said...

I have to say, I used Lash Envy because of your recommendation for my wedding, and I absolutely adored it. You shouldn't have strayed. I did get a sample of Diorshow iconic in Paris though and have found myself alternating between the two.

Anonymous said...

I never use the same mascara twice since I have not found one that I love. I will have to hit the local sephora and try this though. Thanks

Unknown said...

I love my mascara- it might be the only thing I wear but it makes me look so much more awake! I swear by BadGal Last by Benefit. Love it!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i wear bobbi brown everything, but never was crazy about the mascara. i got clinique new last power mascara as a sample and decided to give it a try. my lashes have never been longer, more separated, and full. i love it!

i may need to try your lash envy, though!

Anonymous said...

see I keep trying to find something better than DiorShow (black #91, non waterproof version), but keep being disappointed. So far, she keeps taking me back, though. ;) Have you tried that newish orange one-- Lash Blast or something like that from Covergirl? It's pretty good, but a bitch to get off. eh. maybe I'll try your Lash Envy next time!

Stacie said...

Shame on you for forgoing your "go to" brand for that cheap imitation! tsk tsk! Great posting, really made me smile :)

LyndsAU said...

I must admit I used to be tempted by other mascaras... but once I discovered Lasy Envy I haven't cheated again :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin