8.12.2009

Chelsea on the Rocks...


Do you like to laugh out loud? Do you like inappropriate behavior and vulgarity? Please proceed to your local library or book store and pick up Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea. I finished this book quite some time ago and was "that girl" laughing out loud at the pool, Sbux, or wherever I was reading.

Before I read this book, I liked Chelsea alright, neither for or against her, but now.....SOLD! Her sense of humor, and randomness in telling stories did not disappoint and just when I thought I had done some stupid things in my life, I would read one of her stories and think again. I enjoyed the book so much, that I rushed out to the library to get her My Horizontal Life and they were out and boy was I bummed.

So, until it is available, I decided to begin reading the Sookie Stackhouse series. These books are the basis behind the phenomenal show True Blood, and come highly recommended.

Stop...Sookie Time!

7 comments:

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

I love Chelsea! I so badly want to go to her show sometime when I can make it down to LA. I think she is hands down the funniest/wittiest gal on TV! gotta get this book:)

Coug Gal said...

Could not agree more! I was laughing with tears running down my face on the bus! People thought I was crazy! I didn't think my Horizontal Life was as good but still has some super funny chatpers!

Heather Warren said...

Loved that book. My hub thought I was crazy when I would bust out laughing...it couldn't believe it was that funny...

sookie is awesome it kicks twilight's ass... the books keep getting better through the series

Anonymous said...

Both Chelsea books are HILARIOUS!! I have read the Sookie series too...all except the last one. I've been waiting to get it from the library forever!

Anonymous said...

chelsea is amazing. i read her first book in college and was reading it in class and just loled and the whole class heard. i am dying to go to a taping of her show..i should just go..not like a job is holding me back!

Mandy Kay said...

ooh, i'll have to check them out! you know who else writes good random stories? David Sedaris. HILARIOUS! perhaps check him out after the series you're on! xo

Michelle said...

I absolutely LOVE Ms. Handler, she has been cracking me up for years! I started loving her a few years ago when she would comment on those ridiculous E shows where they make fun of celebs doing dumb stuff. She's hysterical, I will have to read that!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin