5.03.2011

2011 MET Ball Fashion

The MET Ball was last night and while there were some gorgeous dresses, I wasn't overly impressed with any of the fashion choices sadly.  In fact, I feel there were more poor fashion choices then good ones.  But in an effort to keep things positive, let's focus on the winners from last night...

Sheer Nice Seeing You

Although I tend to appreciate the bright and bold dresses over the neutrals the combination of sheer fabric, and sparkle is always dynamic as these lovely ladies displayed to all.

all photos{via}

Ashley Greene was flawless in Donna Karan

The always incredible Diane Kruger threw a little drama to her sheerness in Jason Wu.


Although I am not loving her new red locks (i mean she is still drop dead - duh) I am loving every single thing about this Chanel Haute Couture gown.  She looks like a goddess!

Brilliant & Bold


Michael Kors has me crushing again with his neon pink designs, this time on Brooklyn Decker who is radiant in the simple gown.


My favorite look head to toe goes to Miss Ginnifer Goodwin in Topshop.  The color is amazing and her accessorizing spot on.  Perfection.


I have thought Liv Tyler was drop dead gorgeous since the Crazy video and some 17 years later she is even more beautiful and I love lightness and springy feeling of this Givenchy Haute Couture gown.


Am I the only one who is loving Gwyenth recent reemergence into the spotlight?  I mean I know she has always been a fix in the fashion world, but the girl just keeps getting better with age and her fashion choices.  For example, clearly winning in this Stella McCartney gown. 

What in the World???

was Freida Pinto thinking when she selected this Chanel Haute Couture gown?  I mean I know she was thinking, it's CHANEL, but....


was Fergie trying to replicate the much loved royal wedding look of long sleeve lace?  If so, she should leave it to the Duchess of Cambridge to own that look because she looks like a hot mess in this Marchesa gown.


Mary Kate, we get it.  Your are a bohemian queen, but this vintage Givenchy is too big and a bohemian mess. 


Hey Rashida, you are a little late to prom.  I would have killed for this Stella McCartney dress for my prom in 1998.  However I am sure the attendees for prom 2011 will expect to see their mothers or chaperone's in this gown instead. 

What were your thoughts on the MET Ball?  Any looks that you were head over heels for?  Any that you found revolting?   

8 comments:

Erin said...

i'm over gwen and her BORING looks. yawn.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

there were so many hits/gorgeous dresses! I love kate hudson, sjp, eva mendes, and diane kruger

Kristen said...

agreed w all of your choices, except Mary Kate, I thought she looked pretty good- for her of course. Freida's dress could have been so cute if they cut off that horrid tie and collar!

Coug Gal said...

I agree with your choices! I loved Kate Hudson and I thought Salma Hayek was stunning!

Holly said...

rashida jones? WTH!!!!? hahah what a weird choice

Anonymous said...

The first dress is gorgeous!!

Jamieofalltrades said...

Gisele. A knockout! Diana Agron too. Zoe Saldana.

Anonymous said...

Brooklyn Decker looked amazing. I love the pink!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin