9.07.2011

Summer Essentials Series ~ Avery Bleu


Anyone else feeling the heat wave outside?  Oooh wee, close to 100 degrees in Century City!  I am loving the warmth that has finally arrived (I am sitting in an air conditioned office however). 

Today's summer essentials come from one of my FAVE peeps, and yes I am very partial and biased because it is of course my roomie Avery Bleu is sharing her summer must haves.  Miss Avery and I go way back, like drinking too much spiced rum freshmen year of college and blacking out back (but that's another story for another day).  Miss Avery is ALWAYS on top of the trends, whether she's sporting neon nails, bright pink lips, stripes, sequins, whatever.  If it is currently in season, she is currently sporting it.  She is also always on top of celeb gossip, good music and takes excellent care of our good friend Waldo!  So make sure to head over and check out Avery Bleu just as soon as you finish checking out her summer essentials.

*What one item can you not be without this summer?*


Colorful nails!
Pink, green, orange, purple, yellow, glitter..the brighter and sparklier the better. I love it all, especially with a bit of a tan. Here are just a few of my faves from my massive collection.

*What are you craving for summer 2011?*
 

LWDs - Little White Dresses
Whether chilling poolside, grabbing drinks with the girls or *sigh* working the day away, a light, feminine LWD is perfect for any occasion. I already own a few, but always have room for another.
 
*What is your essential summer song for 2011?*



"Knee Deep" by Zac Brown Band featuring Jimmy Buffett

Many of my friends would be surprised by my selection of a country song, as I'm typically more of a hip-hop and altie gal, but this little ditty makes me want to ditch work and relax in the sun, preferably with a cold beverage in hand. "Wishing I was knee deep in the water somewhere. Got the blue sky breeze and it don't seem fair. Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair. Sunrise there's a fire in the sky. Never been so happy. Never felt so high. And I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise." You simply can't help but do a little knee bounce, toe tap, finger snap or hand clap when it's playing. The addition of Jimmy Buffett makes it even more appropriate for summer. 

AND their song, "Toes", is also good for summertime fun - "I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand. Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand. Life is good today, life is good today." I mean, does that evoke the feelings of summertime goodness or what?

Thanks Avery for sharing your summer picks and nail polish collection with me!  You better believe I was shocked to see your summer selection song was country!!  I have to agree to both songs though, they are quite fantastic!  I am so happy to call you one of my best friends and thankful you share a love for beauty products, chardonnay and Waldo.  XOXO

Tomorrow, Andi from Saltwater Dreams shares her faves!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love zac brown!

taryn said...

soooo many cute white dresses! i need to add one to my wardrobe! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin