9.10.2008

Wino Wednesday

It has been awhile since I shared a wine with ya'll but to be honest I have been drinking my fail safe favorites the last few outings and finally have a new one to report on, YAY! I picked up this bottle of La Crema Chardonnay as a special treat for Elon returning home. I splurged a bit with this $15 bottle which was marked down from the normal $20.

I was expecting huge things from this chardonnay and unfortunately didn't get it. I mean, it is a tasty glass of wine alright, but I will gladly take my Liberty School or Magistrate over this one any day. It was light and fruity but a bit more acidic then I was expecting. All in all I would give this a 7 out of 10. You be the judge....I say, save the extra bucks and pick up a bottle of Liberty School Chardonnay.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Ditto Lande! This is hands-down my favorite Chardonnay EVER! And really - finding it for $15 is a deal! I've bought it for way more before, foolish me!

Shelby said...

We often have La Crema in our house but I've been so out of the wine loop lately - I should really start paying closer attention to Wino Wednesday and trying some new wines.

Erin said...

My boss recently gave me a bottle of La Crema Pinot Noir - haven't tried it yet, but I've loved all of the other La Crema varieties I've tried.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin