11.17.2009

VIA Coffee Milkshake

When I first learned of Starbucks VIA instant coffee I was a little weary. I hold my Starbucks coffee in the highest regard and I just have never really experienced an instant coffee that I think is up to par with brewed coffee...and then I tried it.




Believe it or not, it's pretty, pretty, pretty, good (said in my best Larry David voice). I throw some water in my tea kettle whilst getting ready in the AM and when the whistle blows I pour it in my to go mug and head out the door to work. It is smooth, convenient and totally tasty.

On the weekends, I like to get a little more creative with my coffee choices and this past weekend I concocted a savory VIA Coffee Milkshake.

Here's what you need. A pint of your favorite ice cream (I used Dulce de Leche, but would recommend using your favorite coffee flavored ice cream instead), 16 oz of milk, a cup of ice and depending on how strong you like your coffee 1 or 2 packets of Starbucks VIA coffee.

Just throw it all in the blender, and voila!

Throw a straw in it and sit back and enjoy.

Another Starbucks note...I heart those beautiful red cups (as seen here - don't worry I still need to get a pic with my cup for this season) and love the yumminess that is holiday drinks every season. Although I cannot enjoy my eggnog latte for another 9 days, I decided to try their new Caramel Brulee Latte...

{via}

I enjoyed it for the first three sips and then it was just a little too sweet for me. However if you like your coffee on the sweeter side I would definitely advise you to give a shot.

What's your signature holiday beverage? Have you tried the VIA? What do you think? Have any coffee inspired recipes like this one that you want to share?

5 comments:

Erin said...

Jamie gave me a few packets of the Via to test out and I really like it. That milkshake is an excellent idea - I'll give that a try sometime soon.

Jaime said...

I want to try the VIA and the caramel brulee latte... i am not a realllly sweet person for my coffee but I will def try it once :)

purplepens said...

If you liked the drink but it was too sweet, I would suggest asking it with less syrup. I also like drinks a little more on the "coffee" side rather than sweet. Talls have 3 pumps, grandes have 4 pumps, and ventis have 5 pumps (hot drinks), so I usually ask for 1/2 of the normal amount and its perfect! This is what I do with my Gingerbread Latte. Getting it with skim also takes away some of that sweetness. Enjoy! :)

June

tam pham said...

love the recipe- must try! as for me, i'm a pumpkin frap girl all the way!

sheela said...

coffee end tables
furniture coffee tables
furniture end tables
leather ottoman storage
livingroom coffee tables
livingroom end tables
ottomans torage
ottoman with storage
sofa end tables
coffee table furniture
coffee tables
end tables
glass coffee tables
head phones
dining room tables
ipod nano 3rd generation
ipod nano 8gb
oak tables
sofa tables

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin