2.25.2011

Fall 2011 RTW Collections - WWRZD Edition

Who else is super excited about Oscar fashions on Sunday? I have to say that my favorite episodes of The Rachel Zoe Project is her securing dresses for her celebs for award season!  Talk about stress and excitement. 

Will Fashion Week wrapping up last week in NYC and still happening over in London, I thought I would take a stab at Rachel Zoe's profession and try and dress all the best actress and best supporting actress nominees for Sunday.  I in no way shape or form even try and compare my selections with the uber talented Zoe, but below you will find my own version of What Would Rachel Zoe Do (WWRZD).... 


{click to enlarge all pictures from NY Mag}

I love Amy Adams and think she would look stunning in navy blue Naeem Khan or a sparkling goddess in Pamela Roland.


I am hoping Annette Bening puts a little more effort into her hair this awards season.  Regardless, she would look magnificent in this Diane Von Furstenberg gown.



Sweet little Hailee Steinfeld was difficult, as she is only 14, so I wouldn't want to age her in any of the gowns but also need to steer clear of cleavage and sexiness.  I think the Monique Lhuillier is angelic and the Badgley Mischka would look radiant against her gorgeous hair.


Helena Bonham-Carter is funky and interesting with all of her selections and as much as I would love to see her in something like the Badgley Mischka gown (feathers make it funky), I think she will veer more towards the style of this Marchesa gown which I think would suit her perfectly.



I don't know much about Jacki Weaver, but I think this Ralph Lauren dress is the perfect shade for her coloring and also a flattering fit for her figure.


My recent girl crush Jennifer Lawrence wowed me at the Golden Globes in that bright pink number, and I think she would absolutely shut.it.down in this teal John Richmond gown.  She would just glow!


I love Melissa Leo and have a feeling she will be taking home the statue, so she needs to dazzle and this Oscar de la Renta will do just that. 


Her Valentino daisy number for the Golden Globes was all wrong and I am left hoping Michelle Williams will go either bright and sparkly or sexy and sparkly.  Either dress will flatter her pixie cut.


Red is the perfect color for Natalie the sure winner for Best Actress on Sunday.  This gown will accentuate her growing bump and standout when she is accepting her Oscar.


Is it just me or has Nicole Kidman been a lot more personable on the red carpet lately?  I am leaning towards the Naeem Khan dress, but either would make her look statuesque on Sunday. 


Anne Hathaway has a great job hosting the awards and will no doubt be sporting numerous gowns through the telecast.  I am crossing my fingers this Oscar de la Renta is one of them!


She isn't nominated but always kills it on the red carpet at any awards show.  I want this new mama to be to walk down the carpet in this show stopping Marchesa.  Stunning.

What celebs are you most excited to see on the red carpet?  Do you think my picks will land my celebs on the best dressed or answering to Joan Rivers and the Fashion Police?  What was your favorite Fall 2011 RTW show? 

Ciao luvies! 

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I was thinking of doing one of these too, but you did a smashing job. Good picks - bravo! :)

Kristen said...

Great post idea, and I love your suggestions. Can't wait to see what they actually wear tomorrow!

Meredith said...

sweet and you actually got pretty close on some of these. fun! i loved Natalie's preggo dress. adorbs:)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Shelby said...

I think RZ would be impressed! I think someone was reading this post before choosing Amy Adam's dress and Michelle's cap sleeves. Nice work girl!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin