2.01.2012

Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself


the first of february is here and it is time to compare my results to my goals i set for 2012.

here goes nothing...

goal #1 ~ workout 75% of each month
results: worked out 21 of 31 days = 68%

goal #2 ~ stick to a pure, healthy, clean diet
results:  pretty proud of my dedication to paleo.  b and i following it together makes it much easier to stick with.  besides the occasional weekend cheat, i can confidently say, goal achieved.

goal #3 ~ save, save, save!
results:  i would give myself a c for the month of january.  i did cut back on spending a bit, but did not place any money in savings. 

goal #4 ~ travel
results:  hit up palm springs with b for a little getaway and explored a new hiking trail that i highly suggest to any of you LA locals.

goal #5 ~ take more pictures
results:  instagram (@lyndsylee) made taking pictures a lot more fun, and while i took some (see below) i can definitely afford to take more!

cheers to mrs. reynolds being in town

L2

Waldo

collage of palm springs trip

typical morning bfast for me

new year nails

cutest babe ever

one of the perks of my 5:30 am workout

goal #6 ~ read a book a month
results:  finished the art of racing in the rain by garth stein. 

this book is set in seattle (loved all the references to various parts of town) and told from the perspective of the dog.  i really liked this book, but must warn, i cried my eyes out at the end.  if you have a dog, you will love it, but may find it difficult at times to continue reading (not giving anything away).  it took some turns i didn't expect and had some moments that were very heavy, but also moments of hilarity and happiness.

on to reading my first book using the kindle app on my ipad, a place of yes.

overall i am pretty happy with my results achieved and have established a game plan for february to be more successful!  hopefully march 1st will have better results!

how are your resolutions coming?! 

4 comments:

Kristen said...

get it sister!

Jaclyn Z. Reiss said...

Good job woman! Seriously impressed w/ that 21 of 31 days!

amy b.s. said...

i also cried through about the first 5 pages of the art of racing the rain. i definitely think having a dog makes a difference when you read it.

ali v. said...

I love this concept--the idea of making your goals public will make you so much more accountable to them! I need to be realistic about things like working out...the percentage goal is so much better than trying to commit to a certain number of days a week! Oh, and I'll agree that Instagram has definitely helped me to take more photos ;) So happy to have stumbled on your blog :) xoxo {av}

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin