6.27.2008

Summer of Trashy Novels


While some people read books to better their lives, or enrich their souls, I am choosing to only read smut this summer. I have dubbed this summer the Summer of Trashy Novels.

For some strange reason I have never read a single book in this genre, and decided that my first novel will be Hollywood Wives by the ever popular Jackie Collins. I chose this book because it has a fabulous pink cover which compliments my summer theme perfectly. I hope to read a few novels over the course of summer laying out by the pool or at the beach.

If you have read any novels that would fall into this category, please share some titles you think I should check out. I am actually REALLY excited to see what all the hype is about.

Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Jenna said...

I am actually trying to do just the opposite, but that doesn't mean I don't want to help. How about giving the Shopaholic series a try if you haven't already?

Miss Coutant said...

I really really REALLY loved Confessions of a Lingerie Addict
by Jennifer Ashley. It's funny and sexy and just plain silly & easy. I highly recommend it for as a summer read. In fact, I may just reread it this summer myself. :-)

Lindsay said...

So funny! I've never read one either. Well, I think once I read a Danielle Steele and it was such horrific writing I could barely get through it. Perhaps I should read some smut AND some smarts this summer, however. I recently started Eat, Pray, Love.

LegallyBoston said...

Ooooh, I second the Shopaholic series!! It's more chic lit than trashy but still awesome.

Also, check out: http://legallyheidi.com/the-book-page/ She has a lot of good book suggestions.

Lyndsy said...

Thanks Jenna & Lindsay ~ I have actually read all of the shopaholic books and loved them. However, I think those are more fun loving then trashy. Thanks for the rec CM. I will be sure to check that one out next time I am at the bookstore!

HeJo said...

American Star. Best trash book ever. By Jackie Collins. I like your blog.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin