6.04.2008

Wino Wednesday

To continue on with our mini moon wine tour, I present the second stop of our private tour. After leaving Sunstone Winery, we enjoyed a beautiful, but short scenic drive to Roblar Winery.



Roblar was quite different from Sunstone. Newly opened a little over a year ago and absolutely beautiful and calming. I felt like we had been transported to Colorado or another mountain town based off the building structure.


Upon entering the winery, you are greeted with a high ceiling, and round tasting area great for mingling and really getting to take everything in. The chandelier overhead was massive and impressive.




Absolutely beautiful, so open and comfy. I knew that this place was instantly going to go down in my books as a favorite. The staff was very knowledgeable about all the wines and also informed Elon and I that they offer cooking classes with wine pairings as well. SOLD! We sampled six or seven wines here and decided to take the Syrah back with us. It was deliciously fruity, low in the tannin department and definitely has even greater potential to grow with a few years of sitting on our wine rack. Roblar offers a VIP tasting room for all wine club members and a discount for all the gourmet cooking classes.

While I think we decided on Sunstone for our wine club, you better believe I will be signing up to take a cooking class next time I am in town.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin