6.18.2008

Wino Wednesday

So I would have continued on with our private wine tour and told you about another lovely winery, but unfortunately after our third winery (Bridlewood), I don't remember much. So I will tell you about a fun tasting room we experienced at Solvang.

Solvang is a tiny cute Danish town and like most small towns, everything closes early. We arrived into Solvang around 5 PM on Sunday after our wedding and after checking into our cute hotel room (more on that later), we raced down the street to one of the only open tasting rooms Lions Peak. A very pretty tasting room, with custom made counters from the oak the wine ferments in. It reminded me a bit of an old study or library. We sampled six of their wines and they were all pretty tasty, but Elon and I were both sold on the 2002 Cabernet Sauvignon Port. Again, deliciously sweet without the syrupy, thickness that I usually associate with Ports. I will be sure to enjoy this bottle with good friends and some fabulously rich chocolate. Yum!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin