6.11.2008

Wino Wednesday


The third stop of our wine tour was the beautiful Bridlewood Winery. Upon entering the gates we were immediately welcomed into a lush setting, that had me feeling like I had entered a scene out The Great Gatsby.

Ping & Wenji

Bridlewood's grounds are absolutely beautiful. I came to find out that the facility used to be a rehabilitation center for horses. Once I learned that I could totally see all the equestrian influences.

One we were inside, we sampled seven wines and had the place all to ourselves, which meant I could ask a lot of questions. The only problem was that I was already a little buzzed (after all I had already sampled at least 14 wines) and it was only a little after noon. However, that didn't stop me from sampling some more, I just perhaps didn't have the most clean palate at this point to truly enjoy what I was tasting.


We decided on the Arabesque a Rhone style blend of Grenache, Syrah, Viognier and a few other flavors thrown in. Very light red in color and smooth all the way down. We thought it was definitely a keeper and one that we would let age a little bit longer before opening up. Yum, yum!



We had a nice picnic on the lawns here and enjoyed salami, cheese, olives and you guessed it more wine! Such a romantic and wonderful way to spend time with my new hubby!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin