6.30.2009

Summer Essential Series ~ A Picture Paints A Thousand Words

Today's picks come from Erin over at A Picture Paints A Thousand Words. Erin and I became friends at WSU (she was Greek Woman of the Year), but grew closer down here in California. Erin is a fabulous friend who always makes any party fun, and documents all events with amazing pictures. I was lucky enough to be invited to her lovely wedding in Maui this past February. Enjoy Erin's essentials below!

*What one item can you not be without in the summer?


The one item that I can not live without this summer is Bikini Zone. Up until two months ago, I had been in the dark on this product and now after several times of use, can’t live without it. After partaking in sugaring (a healthier form of bikini waxing) before my wedding in February, I have had horrible razor burn and in-grown hairs. Don’t get me wrong, I would definitely do the sugaring again, but in between sessions, when I do shave, I will never again do it without Bikini Zone. I currently use two of their products – the Bikini Zone Anti-Bumps Shave Gel AND the Bikini Zone Medicated Gel.

Out of all the shave gels that I have used in the past, the anti-bumps shave gel works wonders in the bikini region. This gel provides the closest shave and prevents ingrowns, bumps and redness. Added bonus – also has a great fresh scent for those that don’t care for the fruitier more common shave gels.

The medicated after shave gel helps prevent ingrown hairs and irritation. It stings just a bit at first when you apply, but is 100% worth it. This gel may be used after waxing, sugaring or shaving and you’ll see results after the very first time of use.

*What are you craving for summer 2009?



I have a lot that I’m craving this summer.

- Cute dresses for weddings and bridal showers. In particular, THIS French Connection dress that I ordered today – can’t wait for it’s arrival!

- Fresh flowers and fresh produce. Since we’re moving into a new house in the next couple of weeks, we will (very soon) be planting flowers and a large vegetable and fruit garden in the next few weeks.


- Outdoor BBQ’s – soon we’ll have a nice huge kitchen, BBQ and large deck – perfect for entertaining. Can’t wait for warm evenings, drinking wine on the deck and BBQ’ing up some fresh veggies in our new Williams Sonoma Mesh Grill-Top Chef’s Pan – also bought one for my dad for Father’s Day.

*What is your essential summer song for 2009?


I have two songs from the new Dave Matthews CD “Big Whiskey and GrooGrux King” that I currently can’t get enough of – song 12 “Baby Blue” and song 13 “You & Me.” Love both of these songs so much and will definitely be playing them on repeat in my car and on the boat this summer.

Thank you so much Erin for these fantastic finds. It appears that I am the only person who hasn't experienced DMB's latest album, and I will be sure to get on that immediately. I am glad that you got that adorable dress and can't wait to see the pics of you in it. Check back tomorrow for Michelle over at P.S.'s choices.


5 comments:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I totally agree with the first item on this list. The combination of the two work WONDERFULLY, although they're getting harder to find. The gel is definitely better than the creme too, as the creme smells funny to me.

J @ The Look 4 Less said...

That dress is adorable!!

Erin said...

I'm in love with the dress, but need to get it taken in a bit up top before I wear it for a wedding in August :)
Thanks for the shout out Lynds!
I'm loving your Summer Essentials Feature

Aimee said...

Great tips, Erin. I'll have try out that shaving gel down below.

HomeWorkFor.me said...

This is very useful information for me. Thank you very much! I know how to focus on homework help .

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin