3.10.2010

Daily Goods Part II

Hello lovelies! This daily goods post is dedicated to my favorite beauty eye products. I have included items that I use daily (think work, running errands, etc) and also for nights out on the town. I still haven't found the perfect daily eye cream and would love any recommendations out there (preferably for less than $50). Here we go....

Under Eye:

I have been using Smashbox's Photo-Op Under Eye Brightener for a good 4 years now and this product does not disappoint. It instantly camouflages those dark circles and brightens up your eyes for real. It also adds a little extra moisture below the eyes which is never a bad thing.

Eye Shadow Prep:
This stuff is the bomb.com! I was first introduced to Urban Decay's Primer Potion by my friend (and fellow beauty lover) Lindsay about four years ago and there is no turning back. I use the "Sin" color daily for under my eyeshadows or all alone for those barely there makeup days. This potion keeps my shadow in place for a majority of the day, gives my shadows just a little sheen to them and sometimes if I am feeling a little crazy, I use it on top of my shadows at the end for extra glamour. The best part is that one tube of this baby, lasts a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time. No joke over a year, and just when you think it is all gone, I whack it on the counter and get just a little bit more for the day. Love it!

Brushes:


We all have heard (and should know by now) that good makeup brushes make all the difference in the world. I wasn't a believer of this until I started using good brushes, and now I couldn't live without the two brushes below.

For all over eye color I adore the Laura Mercier Eye Color Brush. It provides good even coverage and makes a little shadow go a long way on that eyelid.

I remember a long time ago some makeup artist in a magazine said the ONE brush everyone should own was Laura Mercier's Smudge Brush. Well of course you can guarantee that I went out and bought that brush and I have to say that I do use it everyday. I use it for highlighting the inside corner of my eyes, and for applying eyeshadow underneath my eyes and also on top of my eyeliner. This brush does not disappoint.

Eyeshadow:


Like any other girl out there, I have an abundance of eyeshadows in my makeup bag/drawer. However, I chose to focus on the colors I wear daily and share a few that are for more dramatic eyes.

Is there anyone in the world out there that doesn't use at least one shade of MAC Eyeshadow? They seriously have the best colors, are pretty affordable and let's not forget that if you collect six empty containers you can trade them in at your local MAC Store for a lipgloss, lipstick or eyeshadow. Love it! My go to colors are Vapour (inside corner, under brow bone), Dazzlelight (all over, inside corner, under brow bone), Satin Taupe (crease), Bronze (crease, under eye), Mulch (crease) and Knight Divine (crease, under eye).

Another one of my favorites for eyes is LORAC's Multi-Platinum Palette.

The colors are perfect for going out. Some grays, a sparkling black, a pretty blue and a shimmering white (perfect for highlighting). As an added bonus you get a pretty peach blush color that looks good on everyone. And it is the perfect size for popping into your purse for touch-ups later in the night.

Creme/Cream Eyeshadow:

I love the Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Color in gold for dramatic eyes. I apply it over dark eyeshadow to soften it up a bit and add a little shine, perfect for that smokey eye look.

My sister gifted me this Bobbi Brown Metallic Long Wear Cream Eyeshadow for Christmas and I just love it. I have it in antique gold and use it over my eye shadows. It gives the color a little boost and sparkle for glitzy eyes. Every time I use this product someone almost always compliments me on my eyeshadow. It is a little too sparkly for everyday wear but perfect for those nights out!

Eyeliner:

For everyday eyeliner I use Makeup Forever's Aqua Eyes in black. It goes on smoothly, lasts most of the day and washes off easily at the end of the night.

I love the look of liquid eyeliner and have worked hard to perfect the application of this tricky product. While I am constantly changing up which liquid liner I use, I quite like Revlon's Color Stay Liquid Eyeliner in black. It is very affordable and again washes off with ease.

For my inner lash line I use MAC's Pearlglide Eyeliner in Fly-By-Blu but just found out they discontinued this product. After reading the descriptions, I think the MAC Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Sense of Style will be my best bet. I like using this color on the inner lash liner as it really makes my eyes pop and stand out. It takes some practice to apply it without tearing up, but if you can handle it, it is a trick you will definitely notice makes quite a difference in your look.

Mascara:

Thank goodness for affordable awesome mascara! I spent so many years searching (and spending) for the perfect mascara and I am going to say I think I may have just found it. The L'Oreal

Extra Collagen Mascara in black not only fattens up my lashes but also gives them a little length and a lot of color. Just a few strokes and my eyes done and done without any spider leg like lashes. It is seriously the best!


Part II is complete (click here if you missed Part I) and next week, I hope to close this reader request with hair and misc products I love and can't live without. Any eye products that I need to check out or buy immediately? Any eyeshadow colors that you can't live without? Do share your own daily eye goods please!

15 comments:

Ange said...

I have that Lorac palette and love it! I'm going to have to pick up the smashbox under eye!!

Kristen said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! I'm a make-up junkie, but sometimes afraid of trying new stuff without hearing the good word from someone else.
For a daily eye cream, I just bought Mary Kay Time Wise Eye Firming and I love it! I can really feel/see a difference in my eye skin.
I've been wanting to try the eyeshadow primer too, I use MAC right now and love it, but always want to see what else is out there.
Other MAC eyeshadows I use nearly everyday that you might like too (satin taupe & knight divine are so great!) are phloof, print, romp, and club.
I have been using Maybelline Lineworks Liquid Liner since high school and just love it. It's pretty easy to use too.
Thanks again for this post, I'm definitely going to check out the primers, eyeshadows, and mascara.

J @ The Look 4 Less said...

Great post!! I am obsessed with that Urban Decay eye potion - it works so well!!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the reviews, you are so helpful :) I've been using the urban decay shadow primer for a few months now and i love it!

jamieofalltrades said...

I love benefit's cream eye shadow. It stays on all day. I've even had a makeup artist tell me how well it stayed on. RSVP is my favorite color. It looks good on everyone.

Beebs said...

im obsessed with Wet N Wild's illuminating pressed cream in shimmery pink. you can use it on your eyebrow bones, cheeks and lips. plus it's like $2.

and the Garnier Nutrisse facial and eye creams are divine and no more than $15.

but i could talk makeup for hours :)

Marge said...

Sully, I love this list. I have the Smashbox under eye stuff and the Laura Mercier eye cream in gold and they are staples in my makeup bag! good list girl!

Lindsay said...

I use the same mascara. I'm going to have to try some of your other favorites.

Anonymous said...

This list is awesome!

Ashley!

Jaclyn Z. Reiss said...

I LOVE THIS. I am running out and buying that Mascara ASAP. Lovely tips - thank you for sharing!!!

Draya Ann said...

You've made me want to go out and buy every single item on your list! I love makeup but I have no idea how to put it on and make it look pretty. It looks the same every time I put it on, but I'll keep spending money on it until the day I die. ha!

My Favourite Things said...

I will have to try that Urban Decay Primer Potion, it sounds great! As far as eye creams go...I love Benefit's Eyecon brightening eyecream.

Erin said...

Patricia Wexler 3-in-1 Eye Cream is the best... Bath and Body works, 32.50

Mrs. Green said...

I bought the Smashbox Undereye Brightner after I saw this post and I LOVE it. How did I ever live without this stuff? Thanks for the rec.

Sarah Pumphrey said...

HEY! Love the blog. I love looking at and reading about products :). Stop by mine if you get a chance!! xoxo sarah nicole

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin