8.06.2010

Summer Essentials Series ~ Avery Bleu

The final installment of YBB's Summer Essentials Series is from one of my dearest friends (and roommate) Miss Avery Bleu.  Aves and I have known each other since our freshman year of college and was also present for one of the drunkest nights of my life (TKE + Spiced Rum + Newport Cigs = bad news bears).  My girl Avery has a keen sense of fashion and trends, is one of my most favorite gals to party with, a wonderful Auntie Avery to Mr. Waldo and one of my very best friends.  Below are her summer picks which do not disappoint. 

*What beauty product will be with you at all times this summer 2010?*



Since I sit outside most everyday at lunch during the week and spend time in the sun on the weekends, I definitely need sunblock on my face, neck and chest and my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer doesn't have a high enough SPF. I recently purchased this Neutrogena sunblock and really like it. The lightweight formula goes on super smoothly, blends invisibly and is not thick, greasy or sticky like many others. It works great under my moisturizer or foundation.

*What are you craving for summer 2010?*



Top Row: Left, Center,Right
Bottom Row: Left, Center,Right

I'm a sucker for dresses, and in the summer they're practically all I wear. I would love to stock up on a bunch of light and airy frocks like these from Urban Outfitters. They'd be perfect for work (with a cardi) and play.

*What is your essential summer song for summer 2010?*




My summer song for this year was "California Gurls" by Katy Perry, but unfortunately I've already almost reached my limit due to the immense airplay it's been getting. So...I'll choose an old standby. Jack Johnson's tunes always put me in a good, summery mood and make me want to be outside chilling in the sun.  "Bubble Toes" is a good pick. (What's funny is that the album cover is Jack in a jacket in the rain)

Thank you Avery for sharing your summer picks.  If you are ever looking for great celebrity style, or what trendy and happening now, be sure to head over to Avery Bleu and see what she's posting about. 

Thank you also to everyone who contributed to the YBB's Summer Essential Series.  Whether you shared a post, read a post or commented on a post I really am so honored to have you all stop by to read and share your thoughts and feelings.  Until next summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

adorable dresses from urban! ahhh

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin