12.17.2010

Forever Frual Friday ~ Black Swan


I saw Black Swan the other night and let me just say that it is quite a movie.  At times it was beautiful, other times funny, and some times unwatchable.  Natalie Portman is outstanding in this movie and absolutely breathtaking at times and frightening at others.  I would highly recommend seeing this movie as it will keep you thinking way after the movie has ended.  The music was spectacular, the dancing lovely, and the costumes were beautiful.  It made me want to run out and purchase a tutu!

So I decided to dedicate this weeks frugal find to Natalie Portman's very different characters of the Black Swan and the White Swan.


You choose....


Are you dark and cunning like the Black Swan or light and innocent like the White Swan?

Also have you seen the movie yet?  Are you planning to see it?  What did you think?!

10 comments:

Shannyn said...

Black Swan was pretty intense and def left a lot of room for speculation! I thought it was fantastic, though - Natalie Portman definitely deserves a nomination for that role.

Anonymous said...

I'm waffling about seeing the movie. One the one hand I want to because I love ballet and Natalie Portman and I keep hearing that she is amazing, but on the other other hand I've been a little freaked out by some of the previews. I think I'm gonna just have to go for it and close my eyes when I get too overwhelmed! :)

Krissy :: Miss B and Hustle said...

I really liked it! VERY intense and I normally can't watch movies like it, but they did such an amazing job!

Linley said...

i definitely want to see the movie! and i hope it's really good as well! love these tutus!

Kristen said...

I'm seeing it tomorrow!! I CAN'T wait!!

Michelle said...

I want to see this movie so bad. I'm definitely a white swan based on the tutus above. I'm nervous though that you said some parts are unwatchable - the critics are all back and forth about it.

amy b.s. said...

i am going to see this on wednesday and can't wait!

Kristen said...

ok so i watched it yesterday and HOLY COW!!! So crazy! Natalie Portman's performance was incredible.

Anonymous said...

this movie was so great. I feel fashion might slightly tilt towards ballerina fashion.

Just found your blog and I love it.

You are in LA?

~Rebecca

Sarah Elizabeth said...

We saw this movie and LOVED it! You're totally right about it being thought provoking. My husband and I are still talking about it three days later.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin