12.06.2010

Song Of The Week: The Chipmunk Song



If you asked my mom what song reminds her of us kids during the holidays, she would most definitely say The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) (1999 Digital Remaster).  Not much has changed as I move into adulthood.  At almost 31, I still love this song whenever it comes on in my holiday mix, on my pandora holiday station or on the radio.  My favorite line is of course, "Me I want a huula hooop" (speaking of hula hoop - absolutely hooked on Hula Hoop for Wii) sung by the troublemaker Alvin. 

Interesting tid bit about this holiday favorite...it won three Grammy's and is the last Christmas song to reach #1 on any US single record chart totaling performance of all available records (source).  Not too shabby for three fictional characters! 

What are wishing for this holiday?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww i hear their squeaky little voices now

alvvvvvvvvvvvvvvinnnnnnnnnn

Kristen said...

great song! this is one of my fave childhood holiday songs. perfect pick!

Valerie said...

I love this song too! I just heard it on the radio over the weekend and it got me into the holiday spirit. :)

xo
Valerie

Chiara said...

Listening to this song makes me happy!!
Thanks for sharing
xoxo

Jen said...

OH my gosh, this song brings back so many memories!! I think I had it on tape!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

yesss i love(d) this song. I have it on tape too! lol

Johanna said...

This reminds me of the holidays so much...love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin