3.13.2008

Like a Virgin...

If you can't actually go back to being a virgin, the next closest thing is smelling like a trip to the Virgin Islands. I first experienced Creed's Virgin Island Water Eau de Parfum in New York at Bergdorf Goodman. I am a bit picky when it comes to scents and generally when a store is sampling a scent I hate it. But seeing as it was my first trip to New York and first time at Bergdorf Goodman's I decided to take it all in.

Well...the good news is that this perfume is scent-sational and absolutely fabulous. The bad news, like almost everything in that store, this perfume is WAY over my budget. At $110 for an ounce, this perfume would have to be saved for very special occasions and I would need to make do with one spritz.

To describe the scent is tricky...described as a fragrance that both women or men could wear (I think it is more on the feminine side), with notes of coconut and lime, hibiscus and rum. It is definitely tropical, but not overly sweet. My best advice is to experience it for yourself. As an added bonus, a portion of all Virgin Island Waters sales will benefit charities protecting the world's oceans. Creed has many other fragrance options if this scent isn't your cup of tea.

This scent will definitely leave you feeling touched for the very first time :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha I love your last line! Not to mention, I am now dying to smell this!

Lindsay said...

Did I smell this with you? I don't recall...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin