7.20.2010

Summer Essentials Series ~ Jackie's Joy

YBB's Summer Essentials Series is back after a brief hiatus, and I am excited to share Jackie's selections.  Jackie is a girlfriend I met at WSU (GO COUGS) who is an absolutely beautiful foodie, creating the must scrumptious looking meals and appetizers this girl has ever seen.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to sample many, but I am always heading over to her blog first when it comes to a new recipe I want to try.  Jackie also might be one of the cutest pregnant women I have ever seen.  Check out all her summer needs and then head over to Jackie's Joy and try not to drool over all the yummy items you find. 





*What beauty product will be with you at all times this summer 2010?*


I have been obsessed with the Philosophy brand for years now, and the *Pure Grace* line has literally become my perfume staple. I went from constantly being on the look out for new perfumes, to being completely sold on Pure Grace. I always have the spray fragrance on hand when getting ready in the morning, and I love the concentrated roll-on for my purse. However, this summer it's all about the philosophy pure grace hot salt rub and shower scrub 23 oz (652 g). It's an oil free scrub, so it's great for your skin during summer months when exfoliating and moisturizing is key. I just love how soft and glowy it leaves my skin, along with that perfect fresh cotton / laundry scent it leaves behind.

*What are you craving for summer 2010?*



Yikes. At 20 weeks prego, this question might need to ask "what aren't you craving for summer 2010?" Everything honestly sounds good this summer, especially fruity refreshing treats. I've been on a smoothie kick since finding out I was pregnant, and lately I can't get enough of refreshing sorbets, citrus granitas or frozen yogurt with fresh berries. Oh what I wouldn't give for a bowl of pinkberry way out here in Ohio...

*What is your essential summer song for summer 2010?*



Even though it was released last summer, I am still loving the soundtrack from the film (500) Days Of Summer-Music From The Motion Picture for my summer listening. I honestly could keep Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap on repeat through August...and I love the always quirky Regina Spektor and Feist. Perfect for a relaxing evening out on a patio sipping an ice cold...O'Douls. OR maybe just diving in to a huge bowl of pineapple lime sorbet. ;)

Thank you Jackie for sharing your summer selections.  I too am continuing to listen to that soundtrack and never change the channel when Sweet Disposition comes on.  I have only heard great things about the "Pure Grace" line and may just have to pick up a tub of that hot scrub.  Cheers to a summer where you stay cool and get to enjoy lots and lots of treats (since you are eating for two)!  If you like yummy food, pretty pictures and chocolate labs, be sure to head over to Jackie's Joy and see what she is sharing. 

Tomorrow, those cute girls behind Joielala will share there summer must haves with all you YBB readers!

3 comments:

Jaclyn Z. Reiss said...

Oh you are the sweetest! So glad you had such a fun time in Denver - can't wait to hear all about it!! xoxoox

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I love the soundtrack from 500 days of Summer too- that song is awesome.

Erin said...

Perfect choices Jackie! Love the pure grace scent - def a fave of mine too and I have been known to put Temper Tramp - Sweet Disposition on repeat for my entire, 18 mile commute, to work :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin