1.28.2008

SAG Awards Fashion

I was a little hungover yesterday from too much sake and wine the night before, and almost missed the SAG Awards. Luckily for me, I caught the show 10 minutes in and experienced mostly beautiful dresses and a few (one in particular) disasters. Here are the dresses I was swooning over...

photo by Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com

When I saw Vanessa Williams step out in her Escada gown to present an award, I oohed and ahhed because she looked stunning! This was my favorite look on the night, it is the perfect dress to me. Looking at it today, I still am in love.


photo by Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com

I am not a huge fan of her hair, but I thought that Debra Messing looked incredible in this Oscar de la Renta number. This picture does not do the dress justice, it was sparkly and absolutely made Debra glow. I loved it because it was different that what anyone else was wearing and with her red hair - WOWZA!


photo by Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com

Okay, I heart this girl Amanda Bynes (ask any of my friends She's the Man is one of my favorite movies!) and I love, love, love that she wore this bright stunner by Marchesa. Not only is it age appropriate but her hair and makeup was so incredibly fresh and vibrant she couldn't help but shine on red carpet.


photo by Steve Granitz/WireImage.com

Allison Janney looks classy and beautiful in this simple periwinkle dress. The dress design isn't that original but it fits her perfect and the color really popped which is why I loved it.



photo by Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com

Here's a shocker, I loved the color of this dress (duh!) but it definitely wasn't my favorite. Perhaps it was her hair, but Kate Beckinsale (who always look amazing) wasn't owning this yellow dazzler. I love how sheer and feminine the dress is and would love to add it to my wardrobe, but there just is something missing....


And now for the absolutely, most dreadful, what was she thinking dress of the night....


photo by Steve Granitz/WireImage.com

Yikes and blech were the first words that came out of my mouth when I saw Jane Krakowski's pukey green mess. The beads at the neck, the color, the dress style, just too much. I gotta give it to her though because her smile would have you believing that she was wearing the best dress of the night. I know this one will be in the magazines for worst dressed of the night, and I gotta say, it was just bad.

So what were your favorites? Least favorites? All in all I think the night was a huge success for dresses and I loved all the color on the carpet.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

You're an idea stealer :) That was going to be my blog entry :)

Lyndsy said...

Me and everyone else in the blogging world! Ha ha!

Lindsay said...

I know, I was just teasing.

cassandra said...

HA! girl, i totally agree. what was jane thinking? that dress looks like it came off the rack at forever 21 - and not in a good way ;)

my favorite was presenter Marion Cotillard, in Nina Ricci... here's the link!

http://www.style.com/peopleparties/parties/thumb/012808SAGA/new

Lyndsy said...

Marion Cotillard looked incredible! I loved the color, the style and her makeup. Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin