1.09.2008

Wino Wednesday


I promise this will be my last posting on champagne or sparkling wine for awhile. I got a little carried away with the celebrating, and ended up with one too many headaches. I have concluded it is time to go back to wine and beer and save the cheer for a little later.

I think I have finally found it! My favorite champagne! Moet & Chandon's
Nectar Imperial is incredible, and the bottle is sexy and distinguished just like a REAL champagne should be.

Elon and I wandered into the Torrance Bevmo since we had an hour to spare, and were ecstatic to see that they were hosting a champagne tasting for $10. I couldn't fork over the cash fast enough upon seeing the selections. They were all the real deal. I'm talking, real champagne from France. Not a sparkling wine in sight. The tasting included 8 champagnes and this was far and away the BEST one there.

Don't let the name fool you, while it is a sweeter champagne, it is not overly sweet and the flavor just kept going, and going... A fellow taster shouted an enthusiastic, "WOW" upon tasting and I couldn't have put it better myself. Tiny bubbles-check, pretty color-check, lively flavor-check, pretty bottle-check, a case in my house-on the to do list :)

Since it is REAL champagne it is on the pricier side, but well worth it. I want to introduce everyone I know to it because it is such a treat. I am almost 100% sure that this will be the bottle at our sweetheart table come May.

Go ahead, pick up a bottle to save at home for that unexpected celebration to come!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin