3.31.2009

Twilight: The Movie

I received Twilight from Netflix last Wednesday and waited ever so patiently for my friend Avery to finish the book so we could watch together. On Sunday we gathered together with some popcorn and eagerness for a boy named Edward.

Sadly, I was not a fan of the movie at all. I didn't hate it, but I was most definitely not feeling the enthusiasm for Twilight the movie as I had for the book. The connection between Bella and Edward was nothing special, those sensual moments between the two of them were non-existent and the cinematography of the film annoyed me more than anything. Yes Edward was hot, but his accent was bizarre, and I found myself more attracted to James than Edward which is not true when reading the book.

I am hopeful that since New Moon has a new director, I will enjoy it better than Twilight. Thoughts?

8 comments:

Christina said...

I'm bummed you didn't like it. I really liked it. I guess I was just really excited to see it play out on screen. So excited for New Moon but I'm not that thrilled about Dakota Fanning being in it.

Jackie said...

Yeah, there was no passion between them like there was in the book. And the cinematography was so bad it was funny!

Britni said...

Agreed, agreed, agreed. And Robert Pattinson is okay... but definitely not how I imagined Edward. I still wish that they could recast like half of the roles for New Moon, but it's not going to happen.

Stephanie said...

I completely agree! I thought the whole movie was just really awkward. Especially the "shine in the sunlight" bit.

tanya said...

Okay, it's official. I need to stop dragging my feet and get started on reading the book!

Janine / Being Brazen said...

The movie was NOT as good as the books, sadly

Lyndsy said...

Wow! I am quite surprised that so many people feel the same way as me! I thought I was a loner! Phew! I am really crossing my fingers that the new director will make all of us MUCH happier with New Moon!

Tanya ~ yes indeed! Start reading!

Milly said...

yeah...i was disappointed..i loved the book...but not the movie..hope the next one is better

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin