4.14.2009

'Till The Break of Dawn...

I finished Breaking Dawn last night and have to say that I wasn’t much of a fan. The hardback was 754 pages and divided into three different sections. I liked the first section, and then from page 143 to about 600 I was bored out of my mind. I had to force myself to continue reading, and even when I did I could only muster up the attention span of about 30 pages at a time. Breaking Dawn again regained my attention from pages 600-754, but there was all this hype and excitement which lead to a boring ending. The book was quite a letdown honestly.

The series started off with such a bang, and in my opinion went down hill from Twilight. I have heard many people say that Breaking Dawn was their favorite but I will stand behind Twilight. I felt like Breaking Dawn just drug on and on….

Now comes the hard part, selecting a book to read after all the vampire love. My girl Avery Bleu recommended The Unthinkable Thoughts Of Jacob Green, which I have read a little of so far and am quite enjoying.

Any new book recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

The Twilight series is still on my list of things I need to read and I can't wait to get to those books! For a few recommendations check out my book pages over here! I really recommend the Gemma Doyel Trilogy and Helen of Troy!

lgiove said...

After reading the whole series, Twilight is still my favorite! Did you hear that there's a 5th book coming out? It's written from Edwards perspective...so good! Here's a link to the draft:

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_partial_draft4.pdf

Enjoy! :)

amy b.s. said...

thank you! i completely agree with you on the 4th book. i actually lost interest and stopped reading it for about 2 months in the middle of it. i'm back to finish it now, but have a feeling it's going to be very anti-climatic.

i also read the initial draft of midnight sun (mentioned by igiove) and if you need an edward fix, it works for a bit...

i'm currently reading the pillars of the earth. only a little bit in, but i'm enjoying it so far.

PixieGrin said...

arg. i'm on page 471..i am so glad i am finally past the middle of the book..i hated it! i was so disgusted!! i literally felt sick to my stomach..(which i guess makes her an incredible writer). so far tho, my fav book (besides twilight) was eclipse. and now that i'm past the icky part of breaking dawn, i'm really enjoying it. i can't wait to see how it turns out...

i heard "host" by the same author is supposed to be pretty good...more grown up...

Megan @ Lovely Happenings said...

I agree. Breaking Dawn was my least favorite.

Britni said...

Not sure there's anything to read after Twilight if you're going to compare them... but another good series that I'm loving so far is the Redemption series by Karen Kingsbury.

Marge said...

ugh I am about 100 pages from finishing this one.. not impressed! I loathe jacob!

Ashley said...

the Gemma Doyle series (starts off with A Great and Terrible Beauty) is a really good read!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin