9.17.2009

Things That Make You Go Hmmmm...


No, I'm not talking about the rocking C&C Music Factory song, I am talking instead about the new handles that were installed on our work toilets.

Now, I am all for being green and reducing water usage (California = drought central right now), but my problem is that holding the handle up once for "liquid waste" never flushes it down entirely, so then I ended flushing again and once even a third time! So...is it really helping save water or is it just frustrating the hell out of me and causing me to waste more????

Secondly...notice the note that the handle is coated to protect against germs. Really? Last time I checked unless that handle miraculously sanitizes itself between flushes, I don't see how protects any better then the normal handle.

(Yep... I am that random and took a picture of a placard in a bathroom stall at work and thought about these things...on a side note: coworkers have already given up on the "liquid waste" flush and use the "solid waste" flush for everything)

4 comments:

Kris said...

I also find it funny that a semi-official sign like that has "#1" and "#2" on it. Are they addressing 5 year olds???

E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

Too funny. The hotel my husband and I stayed at for our honeymoon had toilets with two different buttons for flushing depending on *ahem* the amount of flushage you needed. It definitely took me a minute to figure out! Too bad yours don't work :(

Blyth Family Blog said...

Hehe. We had those toilets when we lived in Australia! I always thought they were so weird...didn't know they were popping up here!

Megan @ Lovely Happenings said...

These, of course, are all over Portland. I haven't had a any problems with them...yet.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin