5.16.2011

Song Of The Week: Higher Love



Today we are heading back to the late 80's with the song of the week, courtesy of Steve Winwood.

One of my favorite movies growing up was Big Business starring Bette Midler and Lily Tomlin.  The ultimate story of mixed up twins and crazy shenanigans that follow.  In addition to loving this plot of this movie, I also loved the song playing at while the end credits were rolling.  And some 23 years later I still turn up  Higher Love whenever I hear it playing. 

The perfect 80's beat complete with a lead singer sporting some seriously feathered locks makes this song a classic tune to add to any 80's playlist.  I think people who even generally hate 80's music enjoy this song. 

While I haven't heard Steve Winwood come out with any great hit lately, his Higher Love number will forever be etched into my list of faves.  If you haven't heard this song before and are scratching your head, please download it immediately, and if you haven't seen Big Business, add it to your netflix queue please.  I promise you will thank me later. 

4 comments:

Megs said...

My big sis and I used to watch that movie ALL the time!! Thanks for the flashback!

Anonymous said...

wooo great flashback!

Coug Gal said...

Love! Best movie!!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

yes! classic 80s jam!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin