6.19.2012

Desperately Seeking Sully ~ Work It Out


the nice people from brand about town and gap sent me an amazing box full of fitness goodness this past january and let me just say, i am loving every piece!  my favorite pieces that i wear all the time are the gfast capris, leggings, pima cotton tank and full-zip jacket

the capris are perfect for circuit works!  they go with everything, suck me in, prevent camel toe, and wash nicely.  the pima cotton tank is seriously AMAZING.  it doesn't cling to my body and is the perfect texture.  perhaps my fave and most used item that i received however is the full-zip jacket (in pretty blue) that i honestly wear every time i work out.  stylish, slimming and complete with thumb-holes (my favorite part), the jacket is a must-have in every single color (currently eyeing the peach, neon green and white - no joke!). 

the gapfit collection is quality products with much more affordable price points then say lululemon.  the items fulfill all my fitness needs and leave me feeling proud of the workout i just accomplished.  i highly recommend all of their products (i have numerous other tanks by them as well as other pants) and think even if you are a devoted fan of lululemon, you will be happy with the gapfit product. 



i can always be found browsing the sale racks at bloomingdales and one day happened upon a pair of the nike filament capri for around $20.  i figured the pants would do and didn't think much more of them.  turns out they are of excellent quality and allow me a lot of ease and function while working out.  i love them so much that i am constantly searching for additional pairs in different colors!  the brighter the better.  which is why these nike relay capris may just end up shipping to my home tomorrow i love the turquoise color so much. 

when i wear these pants i feel motivated and take on an attitude like the nike motto - just do it. 


don't you just love it when you find workout clothes that are totally affordable and actually work?

the answer is um yeah, duh! 

i have made it a point to check out old navy's active line at least twice a month as they are always marking items down at unbelievably low prices.  my all time favorite sports bras are from old navy!  the adjustable strap sports bra is available in a variety of colors and holds my little boobs in place rather well. 

i also picked up a pair of the active compression capris in all black and i just love them.  they keep me sucked in and feeling slim and wash really well, did i mention i got them for less than $20?  love a great deal! 

the item i have been eyeing for the past few weeks and waiting to go on sale is the active bubble tank that feels nice, doesn't cling to my waist and is stylish and cute.  i have been waiting for a while now for it to go on sale and think i may just have to purchase it already for full price i like it so much.

i think i may just be the only person who works out in my circuit works class that doesn't wear lululemon head to toe.  in fact the only lululemon item i own is a headband (that i love! read my review here).  it's not because i don't wan to...it's just that i can't really justify spending so much on workout clothes.

however, i think i am going to have to breakdown and buy either these awesome purple fast and free crops or these darling polka dot inspire crop ii.  my roommate swears by their pants, as does my girl christy.  i just hate spending so much!  however when i see how cute peoples butts look in them, i am not sure why i am delaying...

another brand that i have heard only good things about is zella from nordstrom. 

i am extremely picky with my tanks i work out in, but am crushing hard on this peekaboo tank.  love the stripes and the pink contrast at the bust.  keeping up with my love of pink and all things bright, my gapfit full zip jacket needs a companion so it can catch a break.  which makes me think this no 1 sport jacket needs to make its way home with me very soon. 

what's your workout style? what brands or items can you not live without?  do you think the more you spend the better quality? 

*the gapfit items were generously gifted to me, but the opinions above are completely my own - they really offer great, affordable workout gear at a fraction of the price - be sure to check out gapfit at your neighborhood gap* 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont want to try lulu..I know it wont end well

Brettan said...

Lulu Wunder Unders ARE really the best. I can't live without them ... although I guess I never wear real pants anymore, except to brunch with you girls :) Why doesn't Gap gift ME something! I love their shorts and racerback bras for yoga ... the best.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin