3.31.2010

Still My Fave

If you have read Catcher in the Rye this picture should give you a kick. If not then it is a really random photo!

I FINALLY finished Catcher in the Rye last night (can I just mention I am a horrible reader in the winter). The last time I read this book was my junior year or high school and I fell in love with this book. I was a little nervous to pick it up again some 11 years later, but let me just say I was not disappointed.

J.D. Salinger created quite a masterpiece with Catcher. As I read the book this time I around I was amazed at how current the book still is, even though it was written in 1951. The main character Holden I think represents a little piece of all of us. Perhaps not all his emotions at once but as I read this book, I found myself laughing out loud and feeling sad all at the same time. His over analyzing of everything and everyone is what hit me closest to home.

I really cannot say enough good things about this book. It keeps you thinking, and left me feeling a little heavy (not necessarily in a bad way). Which is why I am excited to get started on my next book Traveling Light a book I was lent by my girlfriend Lisa.


{via}

RIP J.D. Salinger. Thanks for leaving behind such great literature.

{via}

4 comments:

Lilacandgrey said...

That's funny that you read that book again...I was thinking to myself the other day that I would do the same...I feel like I might see it in a whole new light 10 years later...

Anonymous said...

great salinger quotes. i wrote my senior year lit term paper on franny and zooey~

amy b.s. said...

i so need to reread that book! i wasn't the biggest fan my first time around, but i think i would enjoy it a little more 13 years later!

Jenn said...

<3
My favorite author and book ever!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin