3.14.2011

Song Of The Week: I'm On Fire {Cover}



I have always loved some early Bruce Springsteen tunes. Picking a favorite Boss song is difficult as he is quite a talented fella. However, I think if I was really forced to select just one song, it would most likely be I'm On Fire.  I think the melody and soft whisper of his voice is just gorgeous. 

While I think the Boss holds the crown for best version of I'm On Fire, I recently heard John Mayer's cover (available exclusively on itunes) and my friends it ain't too shabby.  Ever since this past August when I saw John Mayer live at the Hollywood Bowl, his albums can frequently be heard playing softly (it is an office after all) from my desk.  Say what you will about John, but the guy has skills and I will forever be a fan of his as long as he continues putting out great music. 

Happy Monday my luvies!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this. Makes my monday less terrible

Megs said...

I love John Mayer's music. Listening to "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" at this moment. But why must he be so crazy??

Erin said...

Ahhhh my VERY favorite Bruce song! I've never heard Mr. Mayer's version, but I love it!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

i like this cover.

ps- thanks for the info bout the F21 dress.. i am going for it :)

Anonymous said...

Love this song!!!!

E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

This is one of my absolute favorites songs too! You should listen to the Kate Tucker cover of it... *love*

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin