10.27.2011

Drug Store Beauty Booty



I have a ton of those super scented lotions that I don't always feel really moisturize as much as they scent-tize and realized I needed a good legit lotion for everyday.  I originally bought this lotion to keep over at B's but liked it so much I took it back and have it chilling in my bathroom.  The scent is lovely and light and the lotion leaves your skin so soft!  And at under $5 it is such a steal! 



This nail polish is straight up legit, let me count the ways why I love it so.  Last year I bought my nail polish obsessed roomie Debroah Lippmann's "Happy Birthday"  glitter polish and fell in love.  Imagine my delight when browsing Walgreens to find this $1.99 polish that is a great cheap version of the luxe brand, but also named after one of my fave shows growing up. 



While I still love my Psssssst... I am always game to try the latest and cheapest dry shampoos out there.  I found this Suave Dry Shampoo and was sure I would be disappointed, because you know...it's Suave. 

Turns out Suave really has redone not only their packaging but also their product quality.  This dry shampoo is AWESOME and smells so good!  It's rings up just under $4 and not only sprays clear but evenly, which I find is very key for a good dry shampoo. 

Lesson learned, don't judge a dry shampoo by it's cover.




I happened to stop into Target to pick up some laundry soap, groceries and toilet paper.  I can out minus $130 and a tube of Sonia's tinted moisturizer.  I have desperately been searching for a tinted moisturizer that holds a candle against Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer and while I still haven't quite found one, I have found some great, close alternatives including this one. 

A little goes a long way, let me just warn you.  The coverage is great and while the color I selected is a little lighter than I would have preferred it, blends fantastically and leaves my skin fresh and youthful (at least I like to think it does).  This is my first Sonia Kashuk beauty purchase and am quite pleased with it so far and excited to try some more of her goods. 



Hands down my favorite toothpaste ever.  I recently switched it up and have immediately regretted my decision.  I have been using this toothpaste since college and love how fresh and clean it leaves my mouth.  Also it should be noted (knock on wood) that I haven't had any cavities in 6+ years and I think it must have something to do with the toothpaste.  Back in the day it used to be this kind of awful orange tasting paste, but they have since added whitening features as well as two flavors of mint. 

If you are hating your toothpaste I really, really love this one and recommend it to everyone!

Any great drug store beauty products you can't leave home without?  I would love to hear your favorite affordable beauty products!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lOVE that dry shampoo. I have DL happy bday on now, I wish I had seen this! I wonder if thye have a knockoff for her bad romance!

Kristen said...

great post! i'm going to target tm and gonna check out all these goodies! i just found that polish last week and nearly keeled over w excitement!

Holly said...

i love these posts! i want to get that lotion and toothpaste now!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

omg! i want that nail polish, it is perfect for the holidays! =)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin