11.15.2011

Headgear to help your Rearview


I like to pretend that I look as lovely and perfect as this lady above on the treadmill at Circuit Works whenever I workout.  However, last night when I wasn't paying attention and hopped on the treadmill I ended up looking more like this...


No joke, totally ate sh*t last night on the treadmill in front of (luckily) only 10 people.  Just because I wasn't paying attention.  Be careful people, the treadmill really will kick your a**!

Back to the point of this post...

Whenever I work out, I need my hair COMPLETELY off my face/neck.  These people at gyms who work out with their hair down I will never understand.  Maybe it's because I sweat a lot and end up looking a tomato, but every strand of my hair needs to be tightly tied, pined and whatever else so that it is not in my face. 

I have baby fine hair that is slippery as all get out and requires a ton of hairspray to hold curl and a special headband to keep it locked in for my workouts.  And so I bring you to my favorite headband and a review of other headbands that actually work, and are guaranteed to keep you looking somewhat cute and put together. 


Thank you Miss Kord for being a fabulous friend and picking up this Braided Headband from lululemon for me.  This sucker is TIGHT!  It holds my hair in without any fidgeting and is the real deal folks.  In fact you shouldn't purchase any other headbands until you buy this one.  It really is a workout changer my friends. 


I picked up my own lululemon Slipless-Headband and like it ok.  It works pretty well and averages 1 or 2 pushes or secures during my workout.  It is a little wider than I prefer but leaves little to no indent in my hair so I am able to run around town without headband crimp.  It's alright as an alternative but I don't think I will purchase again. 


The Lucy Power Double Strap Headband is my 2nd favorite after the lululemon braided goddess.  The one has little grippers that stick to your hair and it is available in a variety of colors and the double band helps keep my hair in tact.  I generally only have to adjust once during the workout with this guy and I could see purchasing a few more in different colors. 



The first headband I bought for working out was the American Apparel Shiny Headband.  This one doesn't stay in that well at all, but it is by far the cutest of the bunch.  I use this one when I absolutely have no other headbands available and it requires the extra help of bobby pins to keep it in place.  A good option is to use this pretty headband to cover the indent of the braided headband after your workout!

Do you have any headbands that you think are the bees knees and stay put after a hard workout?  I would love to hear your suggestions! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

always good to have in the workout bag

Holly said...

yah i have that thicker lulu lemon one too and it totally slips right out! argh. ill have to get the braided one!

Lauren said...

I cannot work out with my hair down (I even blogged about that once). I will have to check out that lulu lemon braided one for my half-marathon!

And I have so fell from the treadmill before...you are in good company.

Kristen said...

bahahaha that's totally happened to me before too! it's so embarrassing!

amy b.s. said...

thanks for the tips! i too can't stand hair flopping around while i work out (how do people run with their hair down?) and every band i try seems to slip up from the back. i'll have to try these!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

ouch about the treadmill incident. poor thing. Oh and I am the same way too, I need my hair off my face when I am working out. I need my headband and a good scrunchie. =)

Lindsay said...

The adjustable one from Lulu is good too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin