10.04.2010

Song Of The Week: Little Lion Man


Mumford & Sons - 'Little lion man' from Ben Magahy on Vimeo.

Two weekends ago I heard this great song and made a mental note to download the song on Monday.  Well wouldn't you just know that Monday came along and I had totally forgotten about the song, much less the name of the band. 

Luckily, Live.to.the.point.of.tears (who is recently engaged - congratulations!) posted this pretty little quote:


...And it all came racing back to me. 

"Little Lion Man" by Mumford & Sons was the song that I had fallen in love with at first listen.  It's a little bit folky, a little bit angry and 100% good.  The video is very simple, but I love the mood the lighting creates and also how it showcases the bands skills with instruments.  These guys have incredible voices and I am looking forward to listening to the entire album. 

8 comments:

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

This song was part of my summer jams on my ipod. LOVE them. You should really get the cd...the whole thing is great. They are all very talented musicians and have kind of a neat story of how they got together. They are playing here in Portland in Nov, and the show is sold out:(

Charlie said...

i love your taste in music! this song is legit!!

Anonymous said...

My friend who is obsessed with Mumford & Sons took me to their show in Vancouver and it was amazing. I've been listening to their album ever since and love it - in fact I'm actually listening to it right now!

Jaclyn Z. Reiss said...

LOVE this song, and love the "a little bit angry" reference...so true. And those accents - yes please. ;) Thanks for the good listen!!

Megan said...

LOVE Mumford and Sons

Annemarie said...

Love that quote! Following your gorgeous blog now :) xoxo

Lyndsy said...

Delane ~ I am really considering buying the entire album. That is too bad about the tix being sold out already :(

Charlie ~ Thanks!

Caity ~ Glad to hear they are also amazing live...now if I can only find tickets!

Jackie ~ it's a little bit angry in a way i like :)

Megan ~ apparently I am last to hear of the great band!

Brunch at Saks ~ Thanks for following! I am glad I found your blog this morning. And I agree, that quote is gorg!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this song!! It's been on repeat on my ipod for weeks :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin