10.11.2010

Song Of The Week: Runaway



I will be the first to admit that I am a huge fan of Kanye West.  I have all of his albums and he is always impressing me with his new jams and beats and I can honestly say that he hasn't released a song that I don't love. 

After his antics at the 2009 VMA's I was totally turned off by him.  I did however respect his apology and also that he took some time out of the spotlight.  When they announced he would be performing at the 2010 VMA's I wasn't sure what to expect or how I would feel....

Well, his performance of "Runaway [Explicit]"had me eager to purchase and listen to his tunes again.  The song is a little self-deprecating, which I think was essential for him to put out there for people to start liking him again.  I will say that I love the beat a lot, and really enjoy the chorus...
"Let’s have a toast for the douchebags!
Let’s have a toast for the assholes!
Let’s have a toast for the scumbags
Every one of them that I know

Let’s have a toast for the jerkoffs
That’ll never take work off
Baby, I got a plan
Run away fast as you can."
There is just something so catchy and true about the chorus. I downloaded the song last week and have been listening to it nonstop. Say what you will, but I am excited for him to come back with some new stuff that I most definitely will be purchasing. Also it has to be said that he is a really great performer, his 2010 VMA performance and the SNL performance above were creative and I love the addition of the ballerinas!


Are you ready for the return of Kanye? Do you like his new song? Or, do you think he still needs to crawl into his hole and stay there a little while longer?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think he had apologized enough..like ok, its been a year! taylor accepted it, we need to move on. a year in hollywood is a decade in normal time lol.
that being said, he makes great workout music.

Amber's Notebook said...

I agree his music was like made for working out!

JAG said...

Love, love, love the song! Just downloaded it! Thanks, I hadn't seen it.

I think it's time for his comeback, his little (major) flub at the VMA's is probably just what he needed to keep his head in check!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin