11.14.2007

Wino Wednesday

Okay, I know I said last time that I prefer white wines over red but lately, I have been experiencing some amazing reds (plus red is so much more festive for this time of year!). So without further ado, I present to you Stags' Leap Petite Syrah.

I was first introduced to this wine by Elon (my fiancé) while we were dining at The Met in Seattle with my cousin and his girlfriend. I was DEFINITELY not a red wine-drinker back then and hesitant to try this particular wine (I was a huge fan of Cosmopolitans at the time). However, after some prompting from Elon I took a big gulp and haven't looked back since (we enjoyed it this past Sunday with our "Newlywed" friends).

This wine is very fruit forward, meaning you taste the cherries, and blackberries right away. The tannins in this wine are very strong and the flavor definitely lingers well after you have swallowed it. This wine is anything BUT petite, instead it is bold in flavor, deep purple in color and incredible with any red meat dish of your choosing.

It is a bit more on the pricey side, averaging around $35-$45 dollars a bottle. I would recommend giving this bottle as a gift for a celebration or bringing it over to your bosses house for dinner. I bought my bottle at Trader Joe's for $33.99, and it can also be found online at Wine Chateau .

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin